Noun: 1. The largest of the citrus fruits, with a thick yellow skin and bitter pulp that resembles grapefruit in flavor.
2. The tree (Citrus maxima) that bears this fruit
Noun: the complete opposite of a “Banana”, an Asian-Canadian who has lost his/her heritage. A Pomelo is a proud Asian-Canadian who is “yellow” on the outside, seemingly “white” on the inside, but once you peel back the outer skin, is still “yellow” on the inside.
Now that you understand this reference, welcome to my inner sanctum!
You just need to know several things about me:
- I love books, especially romance & fantasy. Most of the time, you can find me on Goodreads.com
- I love cooking, especially Asian food
- I love history especially when it pertains to my profession. In case, you are wondering I am currently a local history & genealogy librarian working in a public library but I am also trained as an archivist so I would be equally happy working in an archives.
- I love my family which is huge. I’m not kidding here. I come from a large family (a total of 8 siblings).
Alright, now that introductions are finally out of the way, my blog will reflect all of my “loves” as well as my thoughts and opinions, especially as it may pertain to my profession. Enjoy!